Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding


The Department for Energy Security and Net Zero will be providing a £600 energy bills support payment to boat dwellers who were unable to receive payment through the Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) and the Alternative Fuel Payment Alternative Fund (AFP AF). Eligible households will need to have held a continuous cruising licence (6 or 12 month) with the Canal and River Trust (the Trust) while the EBSS AF scheme was open.

This support will be provided in the form of a one off £600 voucher which will be sent out by the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero to eligible continuous cruisers in the coming weeks (further detail will be provided shortly).

The £600 combines the £400 EBSS AF and the £200 AFP AF support, with no need to supply receipts for alternative fuel use.

To be eligible, each household will need to have held a Trust licence as a continuous cruiser for a minimum of one day between 27 February 2023 (when the EBSS AF launched) and 31 May 2023 (when the EBSS AF closed).

About the voucher
The vouchers will be sent via email (but can be sent via SMS text message or letter to customers who do not have an email address registered with the Trust).

Only Trust continuously cruising licence holders can be named on the voucher, and only the person named on the voucher will be able to redeem the voucher.

To ensure the voucher is issued correctly and can be redeemed by the intended recipient, you must ensure that your details such as your email, phone number, and postal address, are up to date on our website by 21 August 2023.

If you would like to opt out of further communications regarding this scheme, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email or contact us to let us know by replying to this email.

More information about the scheme
Further information on how to redeem the voucher will be provided alongside the voucher itself.

If you have any questions about the scheme, please contact [email protected].

If you have any questions about your continuous cruiser licence, please contact the Canal & River Trust.

For further information and scheme updates, please visit the GOV.UK webpage for the scheme by searching “Energy bill support if you do not get it automatically: continuous cruisers” in an internet search engine, or in the GOV.UK search bar.

Canal & River Trust